Purpose of the job: To deliver excellent customer service as part of a team that is highly engaged and ability to effectively manage and work directly with stakeholders to improve the Credit/Collections Services of the Company.
- Deliver service excellence daily in keeping with Amaranth Business Solutions Limited’s Customer Service Philosophy.
- Achieving and maintaining stipulated A/R days.
- Monthly Reduction of over 60 days for customers’ accounts.
- Submission of Daily/Weekly/Monthly Reports as required and within the designated time frame, in order to meet Targets for BSC/Incentive/Bad Debt/Trending/Receivables Weekly Projections/Monthly Forecast/ COA Reports etc.
- Ensuring compliance with credit policies and procedures.
- Administer credit policy to customers who are over credit terms and Limits.
- Enforcing the “Credit Policy” to delinquent customer in collaboration with the Sales Representatives by issuing Hold/Lock/Pick up letters prior to action, after ensuring the accounts are clean of issues.
- Approve the release of customer’s account on hold/lock for billing when the account is up to date.
- Manage reconciliation, transactions and balances to maintain accurate accounts
- Developing & maintaining good working relationships with the customers assigned, designated Sales Representatives, Senior Management and co-workers.
- Identify problem accounts and provide regular updates of receivables to Credit Supervisor/ Sales Manager
- Negotiate payment programs with delinquent customers in collaboration with Sales Representative and Credit Supervisor.
- Identify accounts requiring collection agency or legal action to Credit Supervisor.
- Daily calls or emails to customer based on KPI’s (e.g. number of calls/emails per day).
- As required, weekly visits to customer to collect/deliver requested cheques and invoices and by extension maintaining a good working relationship with the customer based on KPI’s.
- Provide customers with requested information e.g. statement, certified copies of invoices and assist with queries on account. Visits to customer to collect/deliver requested cheques and invoices and by extension maintaining a good working relationship with the customer.
- Provide support to Financial, Rental and Sales Teams internally by ensuring accurate remittance information is available when postings are being entered into the system.
- Ensure customers files are kept and maintained in an orderly manner that is easily accessible.
- Open New Accounts within stipulated KPI’s.
- Updating Customer’s Accounts when necessary and relevant. E.g. emails/addresses/contacts.
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring compliance with health safety and environment standards, practices and applicable legislation.
- Attendance at departmental meetings and other company /committee meetings.
- Assisting Internal and External Auditors with requested information.
- Assists with annual and periodic stock counts
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Experience:
- Understands purpose of legal documentation and terms and conditions of the sales and installations contracts of company’s products.
- Knowledge of financial statements and cash flow analysis, industry/market credit research.
- 5 CXC 0’Levels, and certification in Credit Collection or related field and five plus years related experience
- Strong communication, interpersonal, written and leadership skills.
- Must have excellent negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- Must have experience in a Collection environment.
- Detailed knowledge of required documentation and a thorough knowledge of Lien Laws that govern the transactional relationship between the Customer and the Company.
- Knowledge of contract payments in a % completion environment is essential.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Excel and Word).
- Knowledge and Appreciation of the ERP software and or any other accounting software will be an asset.
- Excellent planning, co-ordinating, organising and time management skills.
- Ability and willingness to learn and apply new technologies quickly.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and exercise commensurate levels of initiative and judgement.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Shows initiative and innovation.
- Ability to excel under pressure.
(Budgeting responsibilities, approval privileges on purchase orders, cheque requests, and other financial transactions.)
- Assists in annual budgeting and year-end auditing exercises
- Manages the Company’s collections (AR days) to budgeted days.
- Unapplied Receipts Applications.
Extent of Public Contact:
(Within and outside the company)
- Employees in Sales and Service Teams
- Suppliers, Internal and External Auditors
- Internal Inventory & Logistics Team
- Internal Inventory & Logistics Team
- Extensive Interaction within the Unit, other Business Units and customers
- Must be Vaccinated for COVID 19
(Walking, lifting, equipment operation, etc.)
- Use of copiers & printers
- Extensive use of computers
- Lifting / Filing
- Position is Essential Worker defined
Working Conditions and Environment:
(i.e. necessary travel, unusual work hours, unusual environmental conditions, etc)
- May work extended or unusual hours
- Local travel for training and work
- Long hours working at computer
- Ability to work remotely with relevant resources
- Focused on internal and external Customer Service
- Ability to motivate others and live the values of Amaranth
- Takes responsibility for assignments, pro-active and willing to go beyond the call of duty
- Must have high moral and ethical standards and values
- Persistent in the face of challenges, dependable, reliable and problem solver
- Needs to be focused, self-motivated, results-oriented and display enthusiasm for the job
- Must be ambitious, able to command respect and commitment from customers, suppliers and colleagues to achieve objectives
- Must be a team player to contribute meaningfully to achieve team objectives
- Shows initiative in providing feedback and follow-thorough on action items
- Conducts business activities with professionalism and integrity and avoid conflicts of interest
- Strive to ensure good corporate governance and good business ethics in the execution of job performance
- Subscribes to a culture of continuous learning and development, and continuous improvement
- Professional in outlook and behaviour
If you would like to apply for this position, please send an email to: