Customs and Procurement Clerk
Purpose of the job: To deliver excellent customer service as part of a Team that is engaged in the provision of Customs & procurement Services to the Company.
- Deliver service excellence daily in keeping with Amaranth Business Solutions Limited’s Customer Service Philosophy.
- Prepares customs documentation to effect clearance of import, export and bonded shipments.
- Clears shipments from the various ports of entry, e.g. Piarco Airport, Point Lisas Port & Port-of-Spain Port.
- Receives and distributes courier shipments to the relevant departments.
- Prepares all required documentation to establish and renew the various Amaranth Business Solutions Limited customs bonds between Customs and the Company’s Bankers.
- Maintains an excellent relationship with the local & foreign suppliers to ensure timely delivery of shipments.
- Disburses and reimburses petty cash and prepares journals for the cash used.
- Prepares cheque vouchers for relevant logistics shipments
- Ensures relevant paperwork is accurately and timely completed and filed.
- Prepares Management Reports and SLA’s.
- Prepares duty-free documents for sign-off.
- Preparation of Purchase Orders.
- Assists in the logistics of containers and LTL.
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring compliance with health safety and environment standards, practices and applicable legislation.
- Attendance at departmental meetings and other company /committee meetings
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Experience:
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a Customs environment
- A minimum 5 CXC passes including Mathematics & English
- Customs Grade I Certification/License
- Working knowledge of ACE 2007
- Experience in preparing customs documents
- Knowledge of shipment, bonded and duty-free clearances
- Knowledge on customs bonds
- Knowledge of Customs Asycuda World software will be an asset
- Knowledge of Customs Laws and Procedures will be an asset
- Knowledge of tariffs will be an asset
- Computer Literate / proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Strong analytical an problem solving skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal & written skills
- Excellent planning, organizing and time management skills
- Ability and willingness to learn and apply new technologies quickly
- Knowledge of Purchasing will be an asset
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and exercise commensurate levels of initiative and judgement
Extent of Public Contact:
(Within and outside the company)
- All employees
- Vendors / Suppliers
- Internal and External Customers
- Must be Vaccinated for COVID 19
(Walking, lifting, equipment operation, etc.)
- Use of copiers & printers
- Extensive use of computers
- Lifting / Filing
- Position is Essential Worker defined
(Budgeting responsibilities, approval privileges on purchase orders, cheque requests, and other financial transactions)
- Is responsible for requesting and managing cheques for customs, logistics companies and other shipping agencies
- Responsible for the management of petty cash disbursements and reconciliations for the purpose of clearing and customs.
Working Conditions and Environment:
(i.e. necessary travel, unusual work hours, unusual environmental conditions, etc)
- May work extended or unusual hours
- Local travel for training and work
- Long hours working at computer
- Focused on internal and external Customer Service
- Ability to motivate others and live the values of Amaranth
- Takes responsibility for assignments, pro-active and willing to go beyond the call of duty
- Must have high moral and ethical standards and values
- Persistent in the face of challenges, dependable, reliable and problem solver
- Needs to be focused, self-motivated, results-oriented and display enthusiasm for the job
- Must be ambitious, able to command respect and commitment from customers, suppliers and colleagues to achieve objectives
- Must be a team player to contribute meaningfully to achieve team objectives
- Shows initiative in providing feedback and follow-thorough on action items
- Conducts business activities with professionalism and integrity and avoid conflicts of interest
- Strive to ensure good corporate governance and good business ethics in the execution of job performance
- Subscribes to a culture of continuous learning and development, and continuous improvement
- Professional in outlook and behaviour
If you would like to apply for this position, please send an email to: