Credit & Recoveries Supervisor
Purpose of the job: To effectively lead and deliver excellent customer service as part of a team that is highly engaged and ability to effectively manage and work directly with stakeholders to improve the Credit/Collections Services of the Company.
- Deliver service excellence daily in keeping with Amaranth Business Solutions Limited’s Customer Service Philosophy.
- Create a credit risk management environment of an acceptable quality, in terms of established credit guidelines
- Supervises recoveries which involves training, mentoring and coordinating of assignments to ensure timely reporting and meeting of deadlines/KPI.
- Manage what new accounts will be established for new customers by reviewing and researching credit payment history and obtain further information if necessary.
- Will evaluate, provide analysis, conclusion and recommendations to determine credit line amounts and communicate this information to customers and other team members of the company.
- Will review and adjust credit lines on a regular basis or when requested for existing accounts and will revoke lines of credit upon receipt of external information pertinent to financial strength of account.
- Manage and enforce the company’s credit policy. In this role, will be engaged in conducting credit investigations and collecting delinquent accounts and will communicate all credit related issues to senior management.
- Assist in developing sound, acceptable credit policies
- Analyse delinquent accounts and prepare report on highest risk accounts including recommendations for resolution and provide regular updates of receivables to management
- Interact with customers to obtain additional credit information to support credit lines
- Manage reconciliation, transactions and balances to maintain accurate accounts
- Initiate credits and adjustments to customer accounts within company policy limits
- Check for credit viability on requests for extended terms, and evaluate various adjustments or exception documents
- Submit requests to senior management and supporting documentation for accounts requiring credit lines
- Research and make decisions on finance charges for the rental non-paying customers.
- Manage the bad debt and bad debt recovery records for Governance, tax and Audit purposes
- Monitor receivables and collections and provide updates of receivables and provide appropriate reporting procedures
- Negotiate payment programs with delinquent customers
- Identify accounts requiring collection agency or legal action and coordinate collections with third party contractors
- Monitor violations of credit policies, provide analysis, conclusion and recommendations, present findings to senior management and suggest actions/penalties to be taken when appropriate
- Develop processes and procedures for evaluating customer financials and setting and changing credit lines/limits, as well as credit holds; implement liens as necessary to major delinquent account as approved
- Generates legal documents used in the credit function
- Development and creates an environment to help motivate the team to optimize their performance and professional growth.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring compliance with health safety and environment standards, practices and applicable legislation.
- Attendance at departmental meetings and other company /committee meetings.
- Assisting Internal and External Auditors with requested information.
- Assists with annual and periodic stock counts
- Three (3) Recoveries Officers
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Experience:
- Five (5) plus in a credit management function.
- Understands purpose of legal documentation and terms and conditions of the sales and installations contracts of company’s products.
- Knowledge of financial statements and cash flow analysis, industry/market credit research.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field and five plus years related experience
- Strong communication, interpersonal, written and leadership skills.
- Must have excellent negotiation and problem solving skills.
- Must have experience in a Collection environment.
- Detailed knowledge of required documentation and a thorough knowledge of Lien Laws that govern the transactional relationship between the Customer and the Company.
- Knowledge of contract payments in a % completion environment is essential.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Excel and Word).
- Knowledge and Appreciation of the ERP software and or any other Accounting software will be an asset.
- Excellent planning, co-ordinating, organising and time management skills.
- Ability and willingness to learn and apply new technologies quickly.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and exercise commensurate levels of initiative and judgement.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Shows initiative and innovation.
- Ability to excel under pressure.
(Budgeting responsibilities, approval privileges on purchase orders, cheque requests, and other financial transactions.)
- Assists in annual budgeting and year-end auditing exercises
- Manages the Company’s collections (AR days)
Extent of Public Contact:
(Within and outside the company)
- Employees in Sales and Service Teams
- Suppliers, Internal and External Auditors
- Internal Inventory & Logistics Team
- Extensive Interaction within the Unit, other Business Units and customers
(Walking, lifting, equipment operation, etc.)
- Use of copiers & printers
- Extensive use of computers
- Lifting / Filing
Working Conditions and Environment:
(i.e. necessary travel, unusual work hours, unusual environmental conditions, etc)
- May work extended or unusual hours
- Local travel for training and work
- Long hours working at computer
- Ability to work remotely with relevant resources
- Focused on internal and external Customer Service
- Ability to motivate others and live the values of Amaranth
- Takes responsibility for assignments, pro-active and willing to go beyond the call of duty
- Must have high moral and ethical standards and values
- Persistent in the face of challenges, dependable, reliable and problem solver
- Needs to be focused, self-motivated, results-oriented and display enthusiasm for the job
- Must be ambitious, able to command respect and commitment from customers, suppliers and colleagues to achieve objectives
- Must be a team player to contribute meaningfully to achieve team objectives
- Shows initiative in providing feedback and follow-thorough on action items
- Conducts business activities with professionalism and integrity and avoid conflicts of interest
- Strive to ensure good corporate governance and good business ethics in the execution of job performance
- Subscribes to a culture of continuous learning and development, and continuous improvement
- Professional in outlook and behaviour
If you would like to apply for this position, please send an email to: