Senior Account Executive - Solutions Sales
Purpose of the job: Drive the growth of Solution Sales and delivers pre-sales support in line with customer requirements and expectations. Provides Software Solution Delivery (SSD) design support for sales opportunities.
- Delivers service excellence daily in keeping with Amaranth Business Solutions Customer Service Philosophy.
- Meets and exceeds agreed sales targets in specific software solutions lines of business and portfolio
- Forecasts and tracks key account metrics, e.g. monthly and annual sales results and forecasts
- Supports Sales Team by analysing existing or potential customer environments / requirements.
- Designs frameworks and/or recommends solutions from the Company’s offerings that drive revenue from hardware, software and professional services, while ensuring customer satisfaction and supporting Amaranth’s initiatives around services and profitability.
- Supports the implementation of the Solutions Sales Strategy; provides technical leadership to Sales Team by guiding technology initiatives.
- Executes advanced workflow analysis and produces technical design documents based on the customers’ requirements and environments.
- Supports the Sales Team in gaining customer acceptance through presentations, client meetings or through supplier channels such as Webex seminars or training sessions.
- Establishes Amaranth as a technical business partner and premier supplier of technology-based solutions.
- Supports the timely and accurate preparation of proposals, bids, solutions designs & assessments and scopes of work.
- Grows the business through social networks and creates social media content that is in line with company persona.
- Develops and uses personal and company social media accounts to find and connect with prospects.
- Seeks out new sales opportunities through cold calling, networking, engaging and responding to social media audience, leveraging all major platforms for lead generation and conversion of new business
- Designs, schedules and conducts solutions training, in collaboration with the Solutions Analyst, for internal (e.g. Sales and Service teams) and external customers.
- Supports and executes on the Company’s Voice of the Customer strategy through analysing customer feedback and continually enhancing our solutions’ customer values propositions.
- Becomes a subject matter expert in offered solutions; through self-study, maintains and enhances industry and technical knowledge as it relates to the Company’s business.
- Any other related duties that may be assigned.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in annual and periodic Company stock counts.
- Participates in regular Department Meetings and represents Department at meetings when required or as a member of various Committees.
- Works with the HSSE team to ensure compliance with HSSE standards and practices and applicable legislation
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Experience:
- First degree in Computer Science, Business Computing, Information Systems or any other related discipline; or any related combination of qualifications and experience
- A minimum of five (5) CXC / O’Level passes including Mathematics and English (I & II)
- Strong understanding of an object-oriented programming language such as Java, C#, C++, PHP, Python; DBMS and language such as SQL
- Networking experience that includes WAN/LAN, TCPIP and network administration
- Knowledge of Windows Server, Active Directory and Operating Systems such as Windows, Linux/Unix or AS/400
- Certification in ITIL (Foundation & Service Design) will be an asset
- Computer Literate / proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in a professional services environment
- Experience in writing proposals with strong training and presentation skills
- Customer focused and operates in the spirit of service
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Strong negotiation and dispute resolution skills
- Excellent planning, co-ordinating, organising and time management skills
- Ability and willingness to learn and apply new technologies quickly and is innovative
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and exercise commensurate levels of initiative and judgement
- Ability to meet deadlines, excel under pressure, acts decisively and with a sense of urgency
(Budgeting responsibilities, approval privileges on purchase orders, cheque requests, and other financial transactions.)
Extent of Public Contact:
(Within and outside the company)
- Suppliers Representatives
- Major contact with Technology & IT Implementation Team
- All employees
(Walking, lifting, equipment operation, etc.)
- Extensive use of computers
- Use of copiers & printers
Working Conditions and Environment:
(i.e. necessary travel, unusual work hours, unusual environmental conditions, etc)
- May work extended or unusual hours
- Driving to external meetings and other office locations when required
- Local travel for training and work
- Foreign travel may be required for training
- Professional in appearance and conducts business activities with professionalism and integrity and avoid conflicts of interest
- Must have high moral and ethical standards and values
- Accepts accountability and responsibility for assignments
- Shows initiative in providing feedback and follow-through on action items
- Pro-active; is a “go getter”, dynamic and not self-limiting
- Capable of operating in a team/project environment and contributes meaningfully to achieve team objectives
- Able to exercise independent judgement to address issues in the absence of Manager
- Persistent in the face of challenges, willing to go beyond the call of duty
- Needs to be focused, self-motivated, results-oriented and display enthusiasm for the job
- Must be able to command respect and commitment from customers, suppliers and colleagues to achieve objectives
- Subscribes to a culture of continuous learning and development
- Focused on internal and external Customer Service
- Is measured and logical
If you would like to apply for this position, please send an email to: