Inventory & Logistics Driver/Courier
Reports To: Inventory & Logistics Supervisor
Purpose of the job: To efficiently execute deliveries, courier, and ancillary support to the Organization according to the Department’s Service Level Agreements (SLA) while providing a high level of customer satisfaction. To assist in the proper packing and racking of the Warehouse as well as all other areas of its operations.
- Delivers service excellence daily in keeping with Amaranth Business Solutions Limited.
- Delivers payments and collect items from other companies, statutory boards, banks, customers and other external businesses – mail, packages e.g. cheques, tenders, statements and other confidential documents.
- Assists with bank withdrawals and deposits on behalf of the company.
- Ensures valid documentation is received prior to checking / loading goods for delivery.
- Loads delivery vans and ensures products are protected from damage during transport.
- Delivers the Company’s goods accurately, on time & in good condition.
- Ensures timely and accurate collection and distribution of company mail and other packages from the various departments.
- Responsible for proper handling of the Company’s equipment and products.
- Responsible for the daily operational checks and cleanliness of the Company’s delivery vehicles as well as regular maintenance and servicing.
- Responsible for transporting company vehicles for servicing when required.
- Participates in off-loading of inbound containers / break-bulk shipments.
- Assists in the collection of catering for various company events.
- Ensures the Warehouse is organized, clean and safe, which includes proper maintenance of tools and facilities inside and outside.
- Assists with other daily operational activities in the Warehouse.
- Supports in the preparation of the Warehouse for and participates in all stock counts (annual & periodic)
- Ensures compliance for all Inventory and Logistics processes.
- Any other duties that may be assigned.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for proper use and maintenance of the Company’s equipment and products,
g. Motorbike, Forklift, Stair Climber and Trolley Jack.
- Ensures the compliance of HSSE standards and practices and applicable legislation in the execution of duties.
- Attends departmental and company meetings when required.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Experience:
- Minimum of three (3) years’ working experience (in a similar position will be an asset)
- Minimum of 3 CXC/O’Level passes including Mathematics and English.
- Computer literate, proficiency in Microsoft office will be an asset.
- A valid driver’s license, with over 3 years driving experience (motorcycle and motor vehicle)
- Defensive driving certificate will be an asset.
- Strong organizing and time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal, with good written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to interact with clients, general public and personnel at all levels in a professional and courteous manner at all times.
- Ability to operate independently and exercise initiative.
- Ability to multi-task and operate in a fast-paced environment.
- Customer–oriented and operates in the spirit of service.
Extent of Public Contact:
(Within and outside the company)
- All employees.
- Personnel from other organisations / Massy Companies.
- Financial Institutions e.g. Banks; Governmental and Statutory Bodies
(Walking, lifting, equipment operation, etc.)
- Driving (trucks/Vehicles/Vans/Motorbike)
- Climbing ladders
- Use of computers / tools
Working Conditions and Environment:
(i.e. necessary travel, unusual work hours, unusual environmental conditions, etc)
- May work extended or unusual hours
- Local travel for training or work
- Customer focused.
- Professional in outlook and behaviour.
- People oriented.
- Conducts business with professionalism, has a high standard of integrity and avoids conflicts of interest.
- Persistent in the face of challenges and willing to go beyond the call of duty.
- Accepts accountability and responsibility.
- Must be a team player to contribute meaningfully to achieve team objectives.
- Subscribe to a culture of continuous learning and development.
If you would like to apply for this position, please send an email to: