Department: Sales & Marketing
Purpose of the job: Build and maintain long-term trusting relationships with our customers, oversee an assigned client portfolio, develop new business in identified sectors, while actively seeking and identifying new sales opportunities with zero-based customers.
- Delivers service excellence daily in keeping with Amaranth Business Solutions Customer Service Philosophy.
- Delivers on agreed sales revenue and profit targets by managing end user requests for hardware, software and services.
- Grows revenue in assigned categories of business or identified sectors e.g. Education, Retail etc. with Company’ solutions and services.
- Analyses prospective customers’ businesses for its potential and develops strategies for account penetration.
- Supports the design and implementation of promotional offers for sector specific solutions and supplies sales.
- Grows the business through social networks and creates social media content that is in line with company persona.
- Develops and uses personal and company social media accounts to find and connect with prospects.
- Seeks out new sales opportunities through cold calling, networking, engaging and responding to social media audience, leveraging all major platforms for lead generation and conversion of new business
- Forecasts and tracks key account metrics, e.g. monthly and annual sales results and forecasts.
- Conducts analyses of customers’ business needs to determine the potential scope of opportunities. (through the use of Social media)
- Maintains existing client portfolio and strengthens relationships by increasing the number of influencer / decision maker contacts and continually seeking to provide improvements via our service offerings.
- Timely resolution of customer issues utilizing the Company’s Customer Recovery Framework.
- Prepares proposals, tenders, presentations and general correspondence to customers.
- Manages sales pipeline with a minimum value of three times of annual financial target. Reports on forecast at Department meetings or when required, through use of Company’s CRM.
- Monitors all accounts, collects outstanding monies and assists in minimizing receivables exposure.
- Prepares and submits all weekly and monthly reports, including social media metrics and any other required reports to Management in the required timeframe.
- Ensures the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to customer needs and objectives.
- Maintains and develops industry and technical knowledge that are relevant to the Company’s business through self-study and by subscribing to industry blogs, etc
- Keeps up-to-date with market trends and competition.
- Any other related duties that may be assigned.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attends department and other meetings when required.
- Assists in annual and periodic Company stock counts.
- Ensure compliance with HSE standards, practices and applicable legislation.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Experience:
- A first degree in Business Management, Marketing or any other related discipline; or any related combination of qualifications and experience; Degree in a Technology or related discipline will be an asset
- A minimum of five (5) CXC / GCE O’ Level passes including Mathematics and English (I & II)
- Minimum of two (2) years of sales / account management experience (in a similar environment will be an asset)
- Proven ability to meet assigned sales targets
- Experience in using a CRM software will be an asset
- Knowledge and/or experience in the implementations of IT solutions will be an asset
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite
- Results-oriented and target-driven
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence key stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong planning, organizing & time management skills
- Ability to develop and execute strategies for account penetration
- Conflict resolution and creative problem solving skills
- Ability and willingness to learn and apply new technologies quickly
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and exercise commensurate levels of initiative and judgement
- Ability to remain calm when attending to unpleasant customers and complaints
- Proven ability to juggle multiple account management projects while maintaining sharp attention to detail
- Possession of a reliable vehicle
(Budgeting responsibilities, approval privileges on purchase orders, cheque requests, and other financial transactions.)
- Meeting, exceeding and reporting on financial sales targets and accepting purchase orders and payments from customers and ensuring that they are processed appropriately
Extent of Public Contact:
(Within and outside the company)
- All employees
(Walking, lifting, equipment operation, etc.)
- Sitting and Walking
- Minimal lifting, climbing and moving files & boxes
- Driving to external meetings
- Use of copiers & printers
- Extensive use of the computer
Working Conditions and Environment:
(i.e. necessary travel, unusual work hours, unusual environmental conditions, etc)
- May work extended or unusual hours
- Driving to external meetings and other office locations when required
- Local travel for training and work
- Professional in appearance and behaviour and conducts business activities with professionalism and integrity and avoid conflicts of interest
- Strive to ensure good corporate governance and good business ethics in the execution of job performance
- Must have high moral and ethical standards and values
- Accepts accountability and responsibility for assignments
- Shows initiative in providing timely feedback and follow-thorough on action items
- Capable of operating in a team/project environment and contribute meaningfully to achieve team objectives
- Able to exercise independent judgement to address issues in the absence of Management
- Pro-active and willing to go beyond the call of duty
- Persistent in the face of challenges
- Needs to be focused, self-motivated, results-oriented and display enthusiasm for the job
- Must be able to command respect and commitment from customers, suppliers and colleagues to achieve objectives
- Subscribes to a culture of continuous learning and development
- Focused on internal and external Customer Service
- Is measured and logical
If you would like to apply for this position, please send an email to: